Community Agriculture Share (CSA) Program
Rising Sun Organic Farm offers a CSA program for those interested in subscribing to weekly veggie and herb boxes. Please contact us for availability and to sign up.
What is CSA?
CSA stands for Community Agriculture Share (sometimes Community Supported Agriculture). CSA allows for residents to purchase high quality, fresh produce, directly from a farmer. When you become a CSA member, you are purchasing a "share" of vegetables from a farm.
In addition to supporting your local farmers and agricultural community, those who join our CSA program get to eat locally, eat what is in season, and cut out the middlemen, transportation costs, and environmental impact normally associated with store-bought produce. By subscribing to our Rising Sun Organic Farm CSA program, you not only get to eat more locally-grown veggies, but you are also voting with your dollar to support the organic, non-gmo food movement!
What do I get?
For $20 per week, you will receive a box of freshly harvested food. Produce will have slight variations each week depending on the season and what is available in our garden. For a sense of what to expect, a typical CSA box will contain:
- 1 lb of mixed lettuce greens
- 1 lb of arugula
- 1 medium to large-sized bunch of carrots
- 1 medium to large-sized bunch of a rotating root veggie such as beets or fennel
- 2 different bunches, each approx. 1/2 lb, of a rotating leafy green duo (kale and chard, or mustard greens and collards, etc.)
- 1 "value added" product such as vegan pesto made with our basil
- 1 extra surprise fun thing ;)